*MHP is still offering MassDREAMS grants! However, please note that MassHousing is not currently offering MassDREAMS grants with its home loans.
- Down payment assistance equal to 5% of the purchase price and applicable closing cost assistance as needed
- Households earning less than 100% area median income (AMI) are eligible for a maximum of $50,000
- Assistance is structured as a grant
To qualify for MassDREAMS, buyers must:
- Be a first-time homebuyer
- Currently reside in one of these 29 communities within Massachusetts
- Meet the income guidelines for the MHP ONE Mortgage product
- Use the property as their primary residence
- Complete an approved homebuyer education course
- Use an MHP ONE mortgage product
If you currently reside in one of these communities, regardless of where you intend to buy your home, then you may be eligible:
Attleboro, Barnstable, Boston, Brockton, Chelsea, Chicopee, Everett, Fall River, Fitchburg, Framingham, Haverhill, Holyoke, Lawrence, Leominster, Lowell, Lynn, Malden, Methuen, New Bedford, Peabody, Pittsfield, Quincy, Randolph, Revere, Salem, Springfield, Taunton, Westfield and Worcester
Still have questions? Visit the FAQ Page here.
If not, click below to see if you qualify!