A MassHousing Mortgage
MassHousing specializes in helping the first-time home buyer and are committed to empowering home buyers of color who want to build wealth and secure their financial futures. Our website offers information in Spanish, Portuguese and Chinese and our multilingual staff is ready to assist. More than 102,000 homeowners have used a MassHousing loan to buy a home. We provide approximately $700 million every year to roughly 3,000 home buyers across the Commonwealth.
- Down payment assistance of up to $30,000 ($50,000 in some instances)
- Loans for first-time home buyers as well as repeat buyers
- Competitive, 30-year fixed interest rates. No adjustable rates.
- Job-loss protection: If a borrower loses their job and collects unemployment, MassHousing’s MIPlus® mortgage insurance provides up to $2,000 per month to cover principal and interest payments for up to six months. The benefit is offered at no additional cost on all loans insured by MassHousing.
- A combined purchase and renovation loan is available, to finance both the purchase and repairs to “fixer-uppers”
- Loans are serviced in Massachusetts by MassHousing staff, not an out-of-state company. We work with our borrowers to help them when they run into difficulty.
- See MassHousing Program Requirements to find out if you can qualify.
- Find a MassHousing Lender and find our more about the application process.
- Get information about MassHousing's Workforce Advantage Program that helps increase the buying power of working families.