To get a MassHousing Mortgage, you must:
- Meet our income limits. Income limits vary depending on the type of MassHousing loan you obtain and where you purchase. Our highest income limit is $179,955. Some loans have maximum income limits based on household size. Others are based on the income of the borrower(s). A MassHousing lender partner will work with you to determine what program is right for you.
- Meet our minimum credit score requirements. A minimum credit score of 640 is required.
- Complete a certified first-time homebuyer class if you are a first-time buyer. Find a home buyer education course here. Complete a pre-purchase multifamily landlord training course, if you are purchasing a multifamily home (i.e. 2- 3- or 4-family property)
- Agree to live in the property as your primary residence.
- Meet other underwriting criteria such as debt-to-income ratios and ability to repay debt. A MassHousing lender partner will work with you to determine what program is right for you.